Seriously.

Somebody please remind my kids that someday they will be longing for food like mom used to make.

onsdag 5 december 2012

Turkey Day

Turkey - I love Thanksgiving. 
Filling for the turkey: Onion, carrot, prosciutto, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, rosemary, apple. They give lots of flavor to the meat and drippings, and therefore even the gravy. 

We stuff it and then put the rest in the bag with the turkey. 

I strained the drippings, then let it rest a couple minutes and scooped the fat off the top. I heated the fat with a little butter and added flour to make the roux. Then in with the liquid, a little water and some chicken bouillion and boil until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste, cream, and it was the best gravy I have had in years.

The toddler's first portion after she ate most of the turkey. She ate about 3 potatoes and 3 helpings of turkey. 

This year I did Stovetop stuffing (saved from a care package) and just plain green beans, plus lingonberry preserves from the store. Keeping it stress free. Last year I did the whole nine yards from scratch complete with pumpkin pie, but I just didn't have it in me with all the stress I have had at work lately. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar