Seriously.

Somebody please remind my kids that someday they will be longing for food like mom used to make.

lördag 18 augusti 2012

Tortilla Pizza

Today for lunch, I made tortilla pizzas. I had seen the idea linked on Pinterest and decided to try it, since I generally have most of the ingredients at home at any given time. The big girl was with a friend, and the toddler was sleeping, so I made these for my husband and I for lunch while he was out working on projects. 










Tortilla Pizzas


Feel free to use your own toppings, but this is what I did.

1/2 red onion
1 red bell pepepr
1 minced garlic clove
1 diced tomato
1 ball of mozzarella, chopped
a few sprigs of fresh herbs: oregano, rosemary, thyme
a few leaves of basil, sliced
tortillas
olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F/200C.

In a frying pan, sauté onion and bell pepper until soft. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Place two tortillas on a baking sheet. Divide the onion and pepper onto the tortillas. Top with tomato, mozzarella, and chopped herbs. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla starts to brown at the edges. Remove from oven and garnish with basil. Serves 2.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar