Seriously.

Somebody please remind my kids that someday they will be longing for food like mom used to make.

söndag 16 september 2012

Lazy cooking

I have been slacking off in the kitchen, spending less time baking and more time slacking off on the couch or going out for a jog. After a summer of hard work, it would seem that my oomph ran out of mph. Summer is at its end, and in an attempt to make the best out of any remaining non-winter weather, I have been jogging a few times a week for the past 3 weeks. Its amazing how fast the results come, as far as lung-capacity is concerned. I have also been feeling really stressed and down about work, and not in the mood for much of anything in the evenings. I am hoping some good exercise endorphines will help. I would really like to buy an elliptical machine to be able to squeeze more exercise into my week on a regular basis, but not sure how to fit it into the budget right now, with home improvements and 2 vacations on the horizon. Plus the fact that the big girl wants lizards and that isn't cheap. I find myself wishing we had planted a money tree instead of a cherry tree last weekend. Wonder if the greenhouse stocks any.

The sun is setting earlier and earlier, and winter is on its way. The only plus is that we have been awake to see the sun set.




Lazy cooking has included some pre-fabs and half-fabs. The past week's theme was using up stuff in the fridge, freezer and pantry. I was able to scrounge up 5 full meals out of stuff we already had. Plus a bunch of days where I just didn't have the energy, hence smoothie and sandwich night. Some glimpses from the past week:

Crackers with Chevré, honey and figs


Pork tenderloin stuffed with mozzarella, fresh herbs, and wrapped in prosciutto. 
Served with a side of store-bought sous vide potatoes au gratin
Sautéeing onions and garlic in olive oil
A splash of white wine to use up the bag in box taking up space in the fridge
Crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and herbs from the garden. Voilá, spaghetti and pizza sauce for 2 dinners. 
Homemade pizza on a store-bought crust. Pepperoni, pineapple, and mushroom.
Mozzarella, Chevré, sundried tomato, cherry tomato, and bell pepper 
Whew, blogging was a lot of work. Maybe I need a nap now. [-_-]zzz 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar